Branson is an excellent family vacation destination with world-class entertainment nestled in the beauty of the Ozark Mountains. We offer wonderful affordable family vacation packages to ensure you and your crew have the best time at the best price! At Myer Hotels, offering shows, attractions and more to fit your budget and family values is our highest priority. Truly an outstanding destination, Branson has 50 magnificent live performance theaters, three pristine lakes, 12 championship golf courses, an international award-winning theme park, dozens of attractions and museums, shopping galore, and a full range of dining options.
As a family owned and operated business based on Christian principles, Myer Hotels is pleased to offer hotel accommodations ideal for families traveling together. Several of the six hotels’ amenities are specifically tailored for kids.
- Indoor pool and hot tub
- Most hotels offer a game room and some include a pool table too
- Refrigerators in guest rooms
- Microwaves in guest rooms
- HBO Family rather than regular HBO
- No adult pay-per-view
- Two-sink vanities in guest rooms
- Family suites with extra space
- Connecting rooms
Additionally all six Myer Hotels are in ideal locations throughout Branson, which is full of family-friendly, kid-oriented activities and attractions.
- The Best Western Center Pointe Inn is adjacent to the incredible Titanic Museum Attraction; across from The Clay Cooper Theater; next to the Starlite Theater. Walk to the Branson Ferris Wheel next to The Tracks Family Fun Park (offering go-karts, mini golf, bumper boats, kids rides and more) and across from Ripley’s Believe It or Not. The hotel is half-mile fromWhite Water Theme Park. This hotel is in the heart of Branson’s entertainment area with shows and attractions within walking distance.
- The Best Western Music Capital Inn is near Hamner Variety Theater the Pierce Arrow Theater; within a half-mile of the IMAX complex, The Butterfly Palace; located on the Red Route for easy navigation to Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and Silver Dollar City Amusement Park. Mini Golf located just down the street.
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Branson Meadows has a mountain lodge theme with wildlife on display that kids will love; located on Gretna Road for easy traffic navigation to both the Branson RecPlex, Branson Hills Shopping, Branson Landing, Branson Meadows Shopping, Branson Mill Craft Village and Highway 76; close to the Sight & Sound Theater, and Mansion Theater. Mini golf just a block away. Kids love our talking bear too!
- The Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills is around the corner from Branson’s Dinosaur Canyon and Pirates Cove miniature golf; near The Tracks Family Fun Park, conveniently located in the quiet, relaxing Thousand Hills area just a block away from the fun and activity of Highway 76’s theaters and attractions…truly the best of both worlds when traveling with kids! The Grand Village shopping area is very close to the hotel as well. Like to Golf? The hotel is overlooking the Thousand Hills Golf Course.
- The Quality Inn West is the closest hotel in Branson to Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and Silver Dollar City Amusement Park; across from the IMAX complex; around the corner from The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure. This hotel is surrounded by great dining options including Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, IHOP, McFarlains, Olive Garden and Golden Corral.
- The Holiday Inn Express Green Mountain Drive is located in Thousand Hills, near Branson’s Dinosaur Canyon and Pirates Cove miniature golf and Thousand Hills 18 hole golf course, near The Tracks Family Fun Park. Just a block from Highway 76 theaters and attractions…and fun dining spots! The Grand Village Shopping Village is very close too.
- Pack a bag of wrapped surprises for your children. There are lots of travel-sized toys as well as old standbys like crayons, glitter markers, coloring books, rubber stamps with ink pads, finger puppets, silly putty, toy cars, small magnet puzzles, etc. Audio books with a Walkman, Game Boys and personal DVD players are options for older children.
- A travel day schedule suggestion for drivers: start early, while your kids are in their pajamas. Drive a couple hours while they sleep. Make a breakfast stop where they can change clothes then pile back in the car for a few more hours of driving. Make rest stops every two hours or so. Time your arrival for late afternoon so everyone has time to unwind by swimming in the hotel pool.
- Pack snacks! Excellent choices include pretzels, raisins, crackers, string cheese, dry cereal, fresh or dried fruit, baby carrots and celery sticks. To make the snacks more interesting put them in baggies you’ve decorated with colorful stickers or pictures of the places you will visit on vacation.
- Bring a water bottle for each child. For older children, you may want to invest in a small, reusable bottle with an open-and-sip spout.
- Pass out packs of bubble gum and have bubble blowing contests. See who can blow the biggest bubble, the funniest one, etc. Also, if flying, chewing gum will help pop your kids’ ears and relieve the pressure.
- Bring a first-aid kit including a thermometer, adhesive bandages, non-aspirin pain reliever, insect repellent, sunscreen and antibiotic ointment.
- A great gift for a child is a miniature toiletry kit they can pack with travel-size products. This ensures remembering small necessities like a toothbrush, shampoo, hairbrush, etc.
- Pack familiar things from home. Ideas include a favorite blanket, stuffed animal or toy. This will help your child feel more comfortable while away from home.
- With little kids, you might take “pretend trips” before you go. Involve them in packing a small suitcase, set up rows of chairs like a plane or your car, take turns being waiter and customer in a restaurant…use these activities as an opportunity to teach kids what to expect while traveling.
- After checking into your hotel, teach children how to operate the security locks. Establish a code word so they don’t open the door to strangers.
- You may want to bring a night light with you as it can be comforting for a child sleeping in a strange room.
- If your children are old enough, pack a camera for them. Let them take pictures of whatever they find interesting, without your input! A child’s perspective is different than an adult’s and you may end up with some great shots you would’ve missed otherwise.
Before you leave:
- Involve your children in the vacation planning process. Show them pictures of where you’re going and let them help select the attractions you visit or activities you do.
- Create a countdown calendar by cutting out pictures of the area you’ll visit, your hotel, specific attractions, etc. Paste the pictures onto a large piece of paper and tape small squares of paper over each picture. Your children can take turns opening a flap each day until your departure day!
- Make sure you pack an autograph book and camera so you can capture your children meeting Branson’s stars.
While in Branson:
- Explore nature in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. Branson offers hiking and bicycle trails (Tablerock Lakeshore Trail, Stockstill Park), Disc Golf (9 Holes at Sunset Park), Moonshine Beach, nearby Dogwood Canyon and much more!
- Spend time on the lake boating or fishing (rentals available at State Park Marina near Tablerock Dam).
- Experience Branson’s family oriented live entertainment. Branson shows are designed for the whole family to enjoy.
- Visit attractions like Branson Segway & Adventure Center, Ripley’s Believe it or Not, Hollywood Wax Museum or the Branson Ferris Wheel. Branson offers so many fun attractions to enjoy.
- Take a day to explore Branson’s theme parks including Silver Dollar City, and White Water.
- Visit www.ibranson.com to create a personalized Branson vacation package for your family’s trip!